"President Barack Obama goes into the 2012 with a weak economy that may doom his reelection. But he has one asset that hasn’t received much attention: He’s honest."Alter then goes on to lavish praise on the most honest, transparent administration in history. Apparently, Alter has been in a coma for the past three years, or he lives in an alternate universe where the Obama administration is the exact opposite of the way it is in this universe. In either case, here is a partial list of what would have been considered huge scandals under any other administration:
- HHS nominee Tom Daschle withdraws after it is revealed that he is a tax cheat.
- Tim Geithner is confirmed as Treasury Secretary, even though he is also a tax cheat. Obama stands behind his choice of a tax evader to lead the department that administers the tax code.
- Following the Obama administration's takeover of GM and Chrysler, a round of dealership closures was announced as part of a cost-savings initiative. It was later shown that these closures targeted Republican donors, and their dealerships were targeted for closure even when they outperformed other dealerships in the same geographic area. Congress eventually blocked Obama's punitive scheme.
- In 2009, as part of his extra-Constitutional cadre of 'Czars,' Obama appointed Van Jones to be the new 'green jobs' adviser to the president. It was later revealed that Jones was a Communist with a criminal record, and believed that the U.S. government was behind the 9/11 attacks. He was forced to resign in disgrace.
- Prior to special elections in 2009 to fill empty House and Senate seats, the Obama administration attempted to bribe two different candidates to withdraw from races by offering them executive-department positions, in direct violation of federal law.
- Administration officials have been seen in Washington-area coffee shops having 'off the record' meetings with lobbyists (the same lobbyists Obama promised would be unwelcome in his administration). Since these meetings aren't on government property, they are not subject to the normal record-keeping rules. Lobbyists also report they routinely get e-mails from executive staff member's personal e-mail accounts, which aren't subject to FOIA requests.
- The administration used National Endowment of the Arts funds to 'encourage' artists to produce pro-Obama propaganda.
- Only press considered pro-Obama are allowed in the White House press pool. Anyone considered even the slightest bit critical of the President is blacklisted.
- Obama's Department of Housing and Urban Development has funneled tens of thousands of dollars to corrupt voter fraud perpetrator (and former Obama employer) ACORN, in direct violation of a 2009 law.
- The National Labor Relations Board, under the control of Obama recess-appointee Craig Becker, has attempted to block Boeing from building its much-anticipated 787 Dreamliner in its South Carolina facility, because SC is a right to work state, and Obama is owned in part by the unions.
- In an attempt to create a market for green energy where no such market exists, the Obama administration made a $500 million loan guarantee to solar-panel manufacturer Solyndra; an investment that anyone in the market could see was a bad idea. Solyndra then went bankrupt, taking half a billion taxpayer dollars with them. The following week, the Administration made another $1 billion in loan guarantees to two other solar panel manufacturers.
- Air Force General William Shelton was pressured by White House officials to alter testimony (otherwise known as perjury, a felony) in order to make a large Democratic donor look better.
- Attorney General Eric Holder is currently embroiled in a scandal related to a foolish ATF gunrunning program that resulted in the deaths of at least two federal agents. Holder has been caught lying about his knowledge of the program, and may be involved not only in the program itself, but its cover-up.
That's what I came up with in an hour, using nothing but Google. Apparently Mr. Alter doesn't have access to such high-tech wizardry. Either that, or he's part of the cadre of Obama sycophants who will do anything to whitewash this corrupt, incompetent administration.